Thursday, December 1, 2011

Tuesday Morning...your friendly neighborhood quilt shop???

 *First off...let me say that I have no sponsor arrangement with Tuesday Morning nor have I communicated with them.  I just love sharing a deal!

I do not have a quilt shop in my area. I do have several around my area but carving out the time to do it and the budget to make the drive worthwhile are big issues for me. I get a lot of notions at Hobby Lobby and Tuesday Morning. Yup, you heard me...Tuesday Morning.  My friend Vicki says they are so disorganized they should be called Monday Morning (see, told ya I wasn't getting paid).  I've found some of my favorite notions there:
I've gotten those big 6.5"x24" rulers for $5.99!

They also have TONS of Fons & Porter stuff.  I found an Ott Light on clearance for $9.99.   It's hit or miss on selection, but when they have something, it's usually about 80 percent off. While making my semi regular check on quilting supplies, imagine my surprise when I found this:

It was a full fat quarter bundle of Olivia's Holiday by Tina Givens!  This line is a few years old but still very cute.  It was $34.99 for the 33 fat quarter bundle (except somebody swiped one).  Mine did not have a tag so they wouldn't take my word that it had been $34.99 the last time I saw it, so they charged me $24.  When they actually rang me up, they charged me $7.99 but I had to go back and correct them because I didn't want the cashier to lose her job over that.   A bunch of hoo-yah...and I even had to explain what a fat quarter was.  They also had charm packs ($3.99) , small strip rolls($5.99), and smaller bundles by Kaffe Fassett & his protege Brandon Mably.  I keep going back hoping to find some Amy Butler, who also designs for Westminster.  Anyway, if you have one of these stores nearby, I wanted to give you a heads up!  The latest ad shows that they will also be carrying a Singer that MSRPs for $499 for $199 if you are in need of a new machine at that price point.  Happy shopping!

13 comments:

  1. OK Shut up! I had NEVER heard of this before!! and WOW!! I just googled it and there is one in my area less than 15 min away (maybe 10 if the bridge traffic is not bad)! UMMM can we say I will be heading out there today!! Thank you so much for sharing this little gem with me!! I feel like I just won the lottery!!! Umm adn I just realized it is in the same shopping center as our local JoAnn's! How did I miss this??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to hit Tuesday Morning years ago when I lived back east but hadn't been since I moved to Denver (20 years ago LOL). I'm there - I know I probably have one close but for deals on stuff like that I'd make the trip to the one across town! Thank you thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - wish I had a store like that near me! My LQS charges $11/yd for their material, so I rarely go there unless I really want something in particular. $24 for a 32 FQB is a steal! That's only $3 a yard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who'd a thunk it? Congratulations on scoring such a great deal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been to TM once. It was so disorganized that it looked like someone had dumped a bunch of stuff on a shelf and left it. Seriously, I've seen rummage sales more organized. I wasn't a quilter then though, so I didn't notice any fabric. I'll have to give them another chance. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love going to Tuesday Morning! I went there last year and got a bunch of wool yarn at $3 a skein. Sure it was kind of an off yellow but it was a great deal. I made up a sweater for my dad. He didnt care what color it was cause he only wears a sweater when he's sick and the total cost was only $30! They also have Madame Alexander dolls for around $30 and lots of other dolls and games for less.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No way!! There are several around me but I really just thought they had clothes, housewares, etc. Thanks for sharing!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had no idea that they have fabric & notions! Will have to check it out, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a Tuesday Morning about 10 minutes from here. I remember you telling us about the Dresden Plate template you found there {was it a Dresden Plate?} Good tip, MLB!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! I had no idea they carried this stuff! I have a store less than 5 miles from me, so you can bet I'll be there first thing tomorrow :) THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greetings from Spain!
    A few days ago I finished a quilt I made thanks to your tutorial on Moda Bake Shop (Road to Tennessee) .... And I wanted to stop by your blog to thank each of the explanations ... I had no problems in the making ... THANK YOU! ! I have posted on my blog.

    A hug,

    Martina.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the heads sup. I have heard there was fabric bmndles at TM and everytime I go with my mom to the store near her house, there is nothing. Today I took a chance and went to the TM by my house and for the same bundle that you have. It has 33 fat quarters.

    I also picked up a bundle of Heavenly Piece for 29.99. There are 23 quarters here snd they are beautiful.

    Maybe tomorrow, I might try another TM.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooops, sorry for all my typos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...