Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Wake me when it's spring...

I am not diggin' this cold weather.  My brother-in-law's mother is an insanely gifted hand quilter and last time we spoke she was telling me how she loved quilting in the winter.  It's gonna take a lot more than a cozy quilt in my lap to make me happy about winter.  All of my fabric choices lately are screaming SPRING!

 This is a doll quilt I made from the scraps of a bigger project.  I love scrappy quilts but I have to be honest that I hate saving scraps.  I love cutting new, crisp YARDAGE.  I am not even a huge fan of fat quarters.  I had all these little 2.5" squares left from a project and I decided to sew them up before they got all wrinkled in the scrap bin.  Once that happens, my motivation to use them goes way down.  I quilted this in a new-to-me free motion pattern of budding vines.  It is so fun to see so many American Jane prints together.  It makes me almost motivated to make a king sized quilt from my huge American Jane stash...but then I would be really sad since most of it is very hard to find now.
For the back I made an inscription block and I used up some of my happy campers scraps (yes, I still have those after 2 twin size quilts, 2 dog feeding mats, and a baby quilt!).  The quilt measured 18"x23" before washing...perfect American girl size. 
Sneak Peek Alert- The white squares in my doll quilt came from the above stack...I miscut some of my Moda Bella Solids Jelly Roll strips from my newest Moda Bake Shop quilt.  Luckily I had enough left over, because it is a huge drive to the nearest place that carries Moda solids.

Since I don't have a little girl, I'm listing the doll quilt in my etsy shop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...