Monday, August 6, 2012

I'm callin' it.

I bought a pattern called Sugar Plum Village from my LQS for $1 when they were closing.  It looked really cute and I thought I could make it my own. 

 It's been about 7 months since I worked on it and I've decided a quilt like this is just not in the cards for me.  I sewed 5 of them into a strip and am hoping to make a table runner for Christmas.  It's not that Christmassy but Christmassy is what I was going for.    I fussy cut children in the windows to represent people waiting for Santa.

 This is the Texas house (ours!) and I made sure to put a star on it...Texans love stars!

 Here is a Hawaii bungalow.
 These little Riley Blake snowmen are peeking through the windows here.

 Here is a gnome and deer.

 And a little German boy.  I just lost the desire to keep making these houses (oy, all the cutting different color coded specific size pieces was really annoying to me).  I have 2 more which might become dog placemats.  Hopefully I can get this quilted up after I do my friendship quilt.  I already have my backing picked out.

After that, I just might tackle the great granny quilt along...probably several weeks late to that party, but I think it would be fun for my American Jane fabrics.  I'm slowly busting my entire stash.  I want to be to a point where I buy fabric for each quilt intentionally instead of pull from stash.  I know a lot of people love the stash but I find it a little stifling and it makes me feel guilty about making the quilts I WANT to make.  Right now there is an antique beauty swimming in my head but until I clear out some space in the sewing area, that won't happen.  I hope it get everything cleared out by quilt market so I can buy some hand dyed solids to make my dream quilt!

1 comment:

  1. Mary, are you talking about the quilt market in October? I want to go to that, but I thought you were not going this year... Please let me know so I can make plans... I love this pattern...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...