Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Archives: Disappearing Nine Patch Quilt


So my husband's grandma is one of those people who has got- it- goin'- on. She turned 80 this year but she gets around better than me and her mind is as sharp as a tack. Speaking of tacks...she just had to get a tetanus shot because she stepped on a rusty roofing tack and it went up through her gardening clog. How did she manage to do that, you ask? She was jumping off the porch to go turn off her garden hose!


One of these days I will have to take pictures of my kids in her backyard because it looks like the cover of a magazine. She decorates her garage... SERIOUSLY! She has it decorated for seasons and she has painted a cobblestone pathway on the floor. It's LOVELY. She also really does it up for Christmas. That's why I saw the Alexander Henry Angelcakes fabric and knew I had to make her a Christmas quilt. Her only son (my father in law) was born in the 50's and I thought seeing the little vintage children in the fabric might remind her of when he was a baby. She still worries and frets over him just like I do over my kids, so I tell her she gives me NO hope that I will ever be anything other than a bundle of nerves!

1 comment:

  1. I love it!! She is the type of grandma I want to be!!
    The quilt that you made is just darling. I love the simplicity of fewer fabrics. It really showcases those adorable children! :o)
    I hope you are having a real nice week.
    Sincerely, Trish

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...