Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Finish: Autumn Hourglass Quilt


I have been dreaming of Katie Jump Rope fabrics for a long time and recently I hit the motherlode in Lake Jackson, TX at the quilt shop there. They had it on the clearance bin for half off and they gave you an extra 20 percent off if you finished the bolt! I went home and found some additional prints on etsy for $3.33 to $3.99 a yard. I also used a dotty piece from stash and bordered the whole quilt in that black flower print from American Jane's Peas and Carrots. I went to our church's monthly craft night knowing I could not just waste 5 or 6 hours of sewing time, so I carried this stack and cut out 9.5" squares, split them diagonally twice into quarter square triangles, and sewed back together randomly. I finished the blocks 2 weeks ago all during that craft night, but I just finished the quilt last night.

I'm really excited because this is going to be a good quilt for putting on top of hay bales when we visit the pumpkin patch. We go to a pumpkin patch at a local church every year and they have lots of cute spots for photos. Usually the scratchy hay bales the kids have to sit on makes for some unhappy campers, but not this year! I can also use this quilt to line the back of one of our vehicles for Trunk or Treat at church. My theme this year is "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!" Any excuse to break out a quilt, right???

I just realized I never took close up shots of this quilt or a shot of the back. I used the Katie Jump Rope Orange Bandana Dot print for the entire back and the Orange Stripe from the same line for the binding. I just can't get excited about piecing backs...once I am done with the front, I wanna be done period!

4 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...