Monday, May 17, 2010

Dresden Plate Special.



Meet Betty Singer. Betty has helped me through some tough times lately. I found her on the side of the road on trash day in my neighborhood. I was driving my son to school one morning and thought it was a nice little desk. I went back to investigate after dropping him off to be pleasantly surprised. It was a vintage sewing cabinet and chair complete with a 1952 Singer 306W. My husband was convinced I had stolen it. Even he couldn't understand how such a beauty could end up on the discard pile.




Betty is going to retire from being a sewing backup now. I'm not getting rid of her...just making her a cute little desk. I have a new girl on the sewing stand...I'll introduce you soon!



Here are some Dresden plates I have been making for a quilt. Our sweet babysitter is graduating high school and saw the block and told me it made her happy, so I will be making a mini for her to go along with her graduation money. These are slightly addictive. I made 10 plates, but for some reason I only had puckering issues with one of them. That's a miracle, right there! I think these would make beautiful chargers for the table if you used your color scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...