Tuesday, February 5, 2013

One last thing...

Is it just me or is a densely quilted quilt a lot warmer?  I have finished quilting my great granny quilt and now I just need to do the binding. 

I put loops between the sashing and the printed area.  These were very fun to do.

...
I added leaves in the sashing.  I LOVE quilting leaves. 
I did a spiral rose in the center of each block.  They are kind of "iffy" but I am confident they will have a nice texture when the quilt is washed.  I'm not about perfection but I am really proud that I finally seem to understand the rhythm of free motion a little better.  I think my next quilt will be much better in regards to stitch evenness.  I had a lot of fun quilting this one up and I can see my progress.  WOOHOO!


Now which binding...  The argyle plaid or the black pinstripe?

9 comments:

  1. I like the argyle plaid for how it goes nicely with the backing. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an awesome job quilting this. I can defintely see your progress on your free motion quiliting. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see this all finished up! I'm a sucker for a striped binding, but honestly they both work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the argyle binding too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Argyle for sure! I love your FMQ... can't wait to see this one finished!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...