Monday, February 21, 2011

My first embroidery!

Today I am happy to report I am over the worst part of the flu.  Yuck.  I took my oldest for his well child visit (ahem, no well child room) and just like clockwork we were both sick a couple of days later.  This was my first year not getting flu shots and probably my last!  Thankfully the rest of the house is well so far (pray this continues!)and I think we are no longer contagious.  Woo-hoo for Tamiflu.
Anyway, BEFORE the flu I embroidered this cute image I found for FREE at this super cute blog.  I can't cross stitch and my previous attempt at embroidery was horrific.  I think hand stitching many a binding on has helped me.  I am not what I would call good, but at least I am no longer horrific. 
What a pretty orange tulip...of course she is why I picked this one to do!

Look!   It's Kool-Aid Man's mama...


Oh, yeah!
I backed it and bound it in sweet Moda Hoopla.

And can I just say it was so nice to go buy EVERYTHING I needed to get started embroidering for under $15???  If cotton prices really are going to skyrocket it will be nicer to have some cheaper, slower projects to satisfy my itchin' hands. Now I am working on a special project for my Scooby kid and requests have started pouring in.  The boys (husband included) can get mesmerized watching the embroidery take shape.  I'm glad I have something else I can do for them besides just more quilts!

9 comments:

  1. I have yet to try embroidery; it scares me. But you did a wonderful job! I might just have to get brave...

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you are over the worst of the flu. I know that sure can wear you out!
    Your embroidery is adorable! :o)
    Sincerely, Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really enjoying embroidery. You did a wonderful job. Thanks for pointing me to this blog!

    My dd and I are working on some embroidery patterns because I just love it so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Mary!!! I went to that blog and could not find that design... You did such a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LOVE IT! I have an "H" with flowers that I have been working on for Hannah for a while. It got shoved to the side for more important projects. You have inspired me to hopefully finish it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow....Its so lovely and so simple i really like the grace of this one...good work...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny and cute! Love your embroidery. So even. I'm extremely impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I love the unfinished chalk marks and stains! Is there a name or address to research the embroiderer? I would try to look into it and if nothing, I would make up a history. The piece could become an artwork between stitchers through time, though I would leave the original stitches as is and add new completely different images too. Enjoy whatever you decide:)
    Embroidery Patches

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...