Monday, November 16, 2015

vintage puppy love quilt





This quilt finally made it out of my head and into the real world.  I got the puppy pillow fabric for a quarter at a thrift store and used the accuquilt apple core die for the rest.  A lot of the fabric was thrifted, free, or left over.  I really wanted to make a single fabric border with the apple core die.  I didn't purchase enough fabric, so I had to put on my thinking cap.  I sewed a border row for one top and one side.  I then cut it down the middle and attached wavy edge to wavy edge.  I was tickled because it looks like ric rac.

 For the backing and binding (since I am low on stash), I got some fabric from Hancock's of Paducah for less than $3/yard after discounts.  It is a baby type print but it fits this quilt.

 Puppy is my first attempt at trapunto and was machine appliquéd.  I don't think it's all that beautifully done, but it is durable.
This quilt made me so excited to sew again.

I finished this baby quilt, too.  I have a third finished quilt I will show later and a finished top.  I am still very busy in nursing school but I actually started making even better grades when I gave myself an outlet again.  

3 comments:

  1. Love the colours!! We all need an escape!! Keep up the great work, school will be done before you know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute. I love that vintage puppy quilt. The border really made the quilt. Loved all the colors in the star quilt.
    We all need that outlet. Something to help us relax.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...