Friday, July 1, 2011

Hometown...


I wanted to share my little stack of Hometown by Sweetwater for Moda.  I have been a little bit quiet on the blog as I prepare to go to my hometown (and my husband's) for our annual summer visit.  This year on my to do list are:

1) Buy headphones.  We are driving my husband's new truck so we can drop off/pick up some big items which means my ears are going to be dangerously close to my children's DVD players and DSi during the 11 hour drive.   When we were truck shopping my complaint to the salesman was always "gosh the kids are so close...I can hear every slap scream grunt noise.  He said "well this is as large a cab as you can buy, so you can't get your kids much further away."  I said "ever heard of a horse trailer?"  He didn't think it was as funny as I did.

2) Have 2-3 quilts and maybe some potholders ready for binding.  After 9 years of marriage,  I know I can count on a difference of opinion on car temperature.  He thinks the car should be freezing cold for him to be alert.  I want to be nice and toasty.  Binding a quilt is a great way for me to stay warm, plus I will have awesome new picture spots to choose from when we get there. 

3)Packing.  Oh, I hate the packing (though not as much as the unpacking).

I hope you guys have a great July 4 and I really hope I can report back to you with an awesome thrifting/fabric haul from my trip !

1 comment:

  1. Have a great trip! 3 boys in anything less than a minivan is quite ambitious. Don't forget to pack the children's Benadryl. You know, just in case.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...